Tuesday, December 11, 2007

YouTube Lesson #18


I have a 21 year old son (pictured here with my grandaughter), so I've known about YouTube for sometime and I find it a place you can literally let time slip away from you. One video leads to 1,000 more. I write for my church e-Newsletter and I put a YouTube video of one of our members music on the newsletter. It was amazing to me how many people ended up looking at his site. He went from 250 hits before the newsletter to well over 1,000 in just a matter of hours! I think it shows two things. One that the 320 people who subscribe to the newsletter are forwarding it on to others, but that YouTube is contagious.


I wonder if this will have any affect on the music industry as we know it today? So many people long for that "big break" and now they have the power in their own hands. Where will we go from here? There is no telling.

No comments: